Contact us

Office: (512)-218-9292
Fax: (512)218-9235
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

In a divorce or separation who gets custody of the children and its related issues are usually the most contentious and heart wrenching decisions made. That is why our primary goal in helping you through your divorce or separation is looking out for your children’s best interest. We care about children and are truly interested in doing what’s best for them. In fact, we encourage all of our clients to abide by “The Children’s Bill of Rights”, which is a list of 30 or so recommendations you should keep in mind when helping your kids through this difficult time.

During a divorce, or child custody dispute, some of the most pressing issues to decide are:

  • Whether Child support should be awarded?
  • If so, to whom?
  • How much child support should be awarded?

No one should have to live in fear, especially in his or her own home. Unfortunately every year thousands of men, women and children suffer abuse at the hands of a spouse, parent, boyfriend, girlfriend or relative. Abuse or domestic violence as it is commonly referred is normally repetitive and harmful physical violence or psychological abuse. No matter what form the abuse takes a permanent scar always remains on the victim.

Filing for Termination of Parental Rights:

One of the most difficult decisions a parent can make is whether or not to get an ex-spouse’s parental rights terminated. Once a parent’s rights are terminated their ability to have access to their child will be affected forever. There are many reasons to terminate a parent’s right of access to their child:

  • Adoption
  • Child Abuse
  • Abandonment
  • Neglect

If you are thinking about trying to get your current or ex-spouse’s rights terminated it is imperative that you have an experienced attorney who knows how to present your case so you have the best odds at success.

Defense Against Termination of Parental Rights:

If you are the victim of a vindictive ex-spouse attempting to terminate your parental rights, our knowledgeable family law attorneys can help. We will walk you through all the legal steps and make sure you avoid the legal obstacles standing between you and your child. We understand how excruciating the prospect of losing the right to see your child can be, that’s why its vital that you have an experienced team of family law attorneys on your side.

If you are or are worried about dealing with the termination of a parent’s rights issue, please contact our office so we can help.

One of the most common mistakes couples make is to assume that just because they didn’t have an official ceremony they cannot be legally married. The truth is it can be a lot easier to become husband and wife then most people think.

In Texas, you don’t have to be “officially” married or married in a ceremony to be considered “married.” A man and woman will likely be considered informally married if they meet three criteria: 1) they agree to be married; 2) they live in Texas as “husband and wife”; 3) they hold themselves out as married to others (for example, they file a Federal Income Tax return using “married” status). If a couple is found to have a common law marriage they must follow the same basic steps in order to receive a divorce.

An adoption is one of the greatest gifts an adult can give a child. This joyous occasion can soon turn into a nightmare if the adopting parent does not fully understand the law. It’s important to have expert legal counsel guide you through the adoption process because a mishandled adoption can lead to wasted time, misspent money, and worst of all heartache for both you and the child.

Many people assume that once they are divorced that the issues that were decided in their divorce decree are final. Unfortunately too many people find out the hard way that this is not true.  It may be possible in Texas after a divorce has been finalized for one parent to go back to court and get virtually any portion of their divorce decree modified in their favor.  The most common portions of a divorce decree that a party will attempt to modify include:

The break-up of your marriage will be one of the most stressful periods of your life.  From determining what’s best for your children to dividing assets and debts, you’ll have a lot to consider: 

  • Can we just get a legal separation?
  • We already agree on everything. How do we get it done?
  • I just got served. What do I do?
  • We don't agree on anything. Who will the children live with?
  • What kind of visitation will I get with my kids?
  • What if my spouse won't let me see my k ids?
  • What does "joint custody" mean?
  • How much will I have to pay in child support?
  • What if I don't think my spouse can properly care for my kids?
  • Is the house mine or ours?
  • What is community property?
  • Is my spouse entitled to a percentage of my 401(k)?
  • What if my spouse ran up a lot of credit card debt that I didn't know about?
  • Who is responsible for income taxes the year of our divorce?


3 Convenient Texas Locations to Serve You

Round Rock


Address: 904 East Main Street
Round Rock, Texas 78664
Tel: (512) 218-9292
Fax: (512) 218-9235
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

By Appointment Only


Address: 2802 Flintrock Trace #285
Austin, TX 78738
Tel: (512)-218-9292
Fax: (512) 218-9235
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Downtown Austin

Address: Frost Bank Tower
401 Congress Ave. Ste. 1540
Austin, Texas 78701
Tel: (512)-218-9292
Fax: (512) 218-9235
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Serving Central Texas

  • Including counties of:
  • Williamson County
  • Travis County
  • Bell County
  • Bastrop County
  • Burnet County
  • Milam County
  • Caldwell County
  • Hays County